Saturday, May 1, 2010

April 30, 2010
Dear Parents,

I hope to see everyone tonight from 6-8pm in our gym for the Maureen Wahlberg Benefit. I’ll be glad when I can move around my office again – but it’s a good thing. My office is full of baskets that were donated by the families at our school. It’s nice to know that when someone is in need in our family, we all band together to help out. It should be an awesome event!
I’m not sure what dress to wear to the event – oh, I forgot, Gina doesn’t exist anymore! I hope everyone had as much fun as Pete, Rob and I did at the fashion show. The students (and their parents) certainly earned it by raising over $700 in Box Tops.

Our children have just completed the State ELA Assessment Exams and will take the Math Exams from May 5-7. The students performed very well on the ELA exams and we expect the same for the Math exams. Please ensure that your children receive the proper rest the night before the exams.

I know I’m harping, but please turn in your child’s Enrollment Application as soon as possible if your child is returning next year. Please see me if you have any questions.

Thank you for all the feedback concerning next year’s school calendar. I heard from approximately 30 families and the vote was split right down the middle. After reflecting on this, I have decided to follow the public school calendar for the Spring break. This means we will have off the 2nd week of April (April 11-15) and April 21 & 22 for Holy Thursday and Good Friday.

Please mark on your calendars May 6th and 7th. All parents/grandparents and friends are invited to join us for the National Day of Prayer and May Crowning events.

Gene


Upcoming Events

Wed, May 5th Math State Exams Grades 3,4,5,6 & 7
Thurs, May 6th Math State Exams Grades 3,4,5 & 6

Thurs, May 6th Nat’l Day of Prayer
All American Lunch 11 am
(Parents Invited)
Festivities 12:15 pm

Fri, May 7th Math State Exams Grades 4 & 7

Fri, May 7th May Crowning & Living 1 pm
Rosary - Gym

Wed, May 12th PTO Meeting 7 pm

Thurs, May 13th Ascension Thursday 9 am
Mass – 1st Graders

Thurs, May 13th Spring Concert 6 pm

Fri, May 14th Ross Park Zoo Mobile
EC – Kindergarten 8:45 am
Grades 1-3 9:40 am
Grades 4-7 10:30 am

Sun, May 16th Golf Tournament

No comments:

Post a Comment